We celebrated Alayna Grace this weekend as she turned 4! My baby is no longer a baby! 😢 As I watched her this weekend, I realized how much has changed the last 4 years and how much change she has brought to us! She made us parents, made my sisters and sisters-in-law aunties, my brothers uncles, my mom and mother-in-law grandmas, Geoffs uncle into a guncle (great-uncle), and Geoffs grandparents into great grandparents! She has taught us so much over the years and has brought such fun and laughter into our lives, we can’t even imagine what life was like before kids!
She wanted a mermaid/Ariel party with games. It was so fun decorating! She had a bubble machine, water guns, water balloons and games! The weather was perfect and all the kids had a BLAST squirting everyone – including those of us with no squirt guns.
She also found out we were going to Disney Land in May which I am so excited for!!!
People always say the years fly by and I never understood until now. We love the caring, funky, sweet, independent little person you are becoming. I can’t wait to watch you continue to grow! Here are a few things about Alayna at this age:
- She has finally learned to swing all by herself!
- She still loves to dance 🎶
- She loves her brother more than anything and is very motherly to him – most of the time!!
- Being outside is one of her favorite things
- She LOVES Baby dolls and stuffed animals and insists on sleeping with a million stuffed animals every night
- She still wakes up at 6:30 AM no matter what!
- She loves all Disney princesses
- She is very particular about what she will wear! Most of the time, she only wants to wear a dress – it’s a fight in the morning if it’s cold.
- She just couldn’t wait to be measured on “the stick”