Easter is truly one of my favorite holidays. It reminds me of how blessed I am to have a savior who died for my sins – and trust me, there are many! After church, we spent the day doing egg hunts, riding in the sand rail with our cousin, and hanging out with family! The kids are at such a fun age right now! Overall it was a great day!
This week I’ve been flying solo while Geoff is at King Of Hammers. I really wanted to go, but truthfully, it just seemed like so. much. work. to figure out everything. Have you ever realized how many bags it takes to pack for two kids? Diapers, wipes, change of clothes, snacks, stroller, a whole other set of clothes just in case the weather is the opposite of what you planned for, medicine (you just never know when you’ll need it), sippie cups, hats, jackets, 10 stuffed animals (because you had to argue it down from 50), their special blankets… I could go on and on! Of course a lot of these things aren’t necessary, but they sure make the trip so much easier.
Being a mom can look so much easier than it really is. It is by far the hardest yet most rewarding thing I’ve ever had to do. Sometimes I think we forget how much work it really takes to raise our precious babies, yet we just seem to do it and wonder why we’re so tired by the end of the day.
The other day I was laying in bed cuddling my almost two year old (where did time go), while Alayna was laying next to me watching Dora on my iPad, with scandal on tv in the background and a basket full of laundry that needed put away at 8:30 pm! What an amazing mess we had going on. But you know what? Nothing beats those cuddles I got from those babies!
Of course, I still lose my shit when Alayna takes an hour to put on her shoes because she is twirling and singing around the house, or when Jaxon straight tells me “no” when I ask him to pick something up and throws his cup with juice splashing all over the wall. But I’ve realized that I want to be the mom who stops to sing and twirl with Alayna; the mom who ignores the mess until they are truly done playing; the mom whom allows her kids to be creative and explore!
Some days I wonder if I’ve done enough. Have I shown them how much they are loved today? Did I yell too much? Did I punish to harshly? Did we pray enough? Why didn’t I just let him have that third cookie? Did I hug them enough? But at the end of the day, I just did my best and pray that God takes it from there and that He will guide me in to being a good parent. Thank God for new days and His abundant grace because having kids is chaos and laughter and messiness and love and patience and stress all tied together. Sometimes we have to stop and give ourselves a break and thank God for our messy yet incredible life.
A couple of weekends ago was Alayna’s first ballet recital! I loved watching her! She has been a little dancer since birth and just loves to twirl and run in circles and tries to teach everyone how to “clié” LOL! I was so anxious for her to get on stage because I really didn’t know how she would react. But she got up there and danced her little heart out with the biggest smile! My heart was so happy, I swear I cried watching her.
These are the moments that make you so proud and you forget all the hardships of parenting. Seeing her happy is really all that matters.
We love you baby girl!!
Guys, I seriously cannot believe my baby girl is 3 years old! She truly amazes us every single day! There are so many things I love about her little personality! She is the princess in the family and knows it!
- Age: 3 years
- Weighs: 27 lbs – Jaxon is catching up quickly!
- She is so funny! Always trying to make us laugh as she giggles her little head off!
- She is so smart, and knows it!
- Full of energy… Can that be bottled up and shared please?!
- She loves her baby brother so much and when she isn’t trying to be a bossy little mama, she is trying to make him laugh.
- She loves to dance and sing. Loud.
- She cracks up when you say something wrong and will say “mom you said blah blah, Hahahaha, you’re kidding”
- She is almost potty trained at night! Haven’t had an accident in over a week!! (Knock on wood)
- She had her first ballet recital on her birthday and did awesome! Smiled the whole time she was on stage.
- She was a flower girl in a super close friend’s wedding. I was anxious for her and as I was trying to prep her she looked at me and said”mom, it’s ok, I wot scared” 😌
- She loves school.
- She loves to to swim and Play with anything that has to do with water.
- She knows her way around town, I swear! She calls us out if we say we’re going to a certain place but taking a different route!!
- She is such an early riser! I’m talkin 6-6:30 AM people 😩
- Still a pretty picky eater. Although she seems to eat more, or maybe I’m less worried about it.
- She knows her colors, the alphabet, and can trace really well!
- She can ride a bike!
- She loves to play dress up and loves makeup!
We celebrated by having a princess party with a bounce house, a piñata, squirt guns, and bubbles. She had a blast and nearly fell asleep opening gifts! We love you baby girl! You have brought us so much joy!
I’m absolutely loving this season. There is so much to do and it’s finally cooling off to be able to enjoy ourselves! Alayna is old enough to participate in a lot of these fall activities and we are loving every minute of watching the excitement through her eyes. Last weekend was packed with fun for her.
Friday night we went to the fair (so much more expensive now that you have a little one who wants to ride ALL the kid rides but needs mom or dad to go with her). When she saw the lights from the car she kept yelling “Alayna so esited!!!” and then giggling. It was so cute! We made the “mistake” of wanting to eat first – she just didn’t understand why we had to stand in line and then sit down and eat instead of wandering around and playing. She was just so esited! She loved the rides and every time one was done, she would ask to go on it again. She even loved one of the kid rollercoasters. Geoff calls her an adrenaline junkie!