We celebrated Alayna Grace this weekend as she turned 4! My baby is no longer a baby! 😢 As I watched her this weekend, I realized how much has changed the last 4 years and how much change she has brought to us! She made us parents, made my sisters and sisters-in-law aunties, my brothers uncles, my mom and mother-in-law grandmas, Geoffs uncle into a guncle (great-uncle), and Geoffs grandparents into great grandparents! She has taught us so much over the years and has brought such fun and laughter into our lives, we can’t even imagine what life was like before kids!
She wanted a mermaid/Ariel party with games. It was so fun decorating! She had a bubble machine, water guns, water balloons and games! The weather was perfect and all the kids had a BLAST squirting everyone – including those of us with no squirt guns.
She also found out we were going to Disney Land in May which I am so excited for!!!
People always say the years fly by and I never understood until now. We love the caring, funky, sweet, independent little person you are becoming. I can’t wait to watch you continue to grow! Here are a few things about Alayna at this age:
- She has finally learned to swing all by herself!
- She still loves to dance 🎶
- She loves her brother more than anything and is very motherly to him – most of the time!!
- Being outside is one of her favorite things
- She LOVES Baby dolls and stuffed animals and insists on sleeping with a million stuffed animals every night
- She still wakes up at 6:30 AM no matter what!
- She loves all Disney princesses
- She is very particular about what she will wear! Most of the time, she only wants to wear a dress – it’s a fight in the morning if it’s cold.
- She just couldn’t wait to be measured on “the stick”
Can you believe he is ONE year old!! Where has time gone?! I remember this tiny little 5lb baby and now he’s a little boy! He is such a blessing and completes our little family!
- Weighs 21 lbs
- Wears 12 months
- Walking with walking toys – he started crawling on his knees on his first bday and stopped army crawlin… Too funny!
- Has 8 teeth – molars are coming in
- Says mama & dada but no other words yet!
- He is the funniest baby! He loves to laugh and joke with everyone.
- Loves to wave at ANYONE and is very social.
- Has such an attitude sometimes and throws his head down when he doesn’t get his way.
- Blows kisses! 😘
- Loves to eat!
- Climbs up the stairs – he thinks it’s a game when we all frantically climb after him so he doesn’t fall.
- If anyone tells him “no” he looks at you with a huge smile and does whatever it is anyway.
- Claps ANY time he hears someone say “yay”
- Dances to any music.
I cannot believe this kid is already 8 months! He is such a blessing to us and we enjoy every moment with him. My favorite part is the fact that he is such a mamas boy!!!
He would NOT leave that sticker on and insisted on sucking on it for picture… Pick your battles…
- Age: 8 months!
- Wearing: 9 months
- Rolling ALL over the place. He sees something and rolls to it. It’s hilarious!
- Fatty patty loves to eat!
- Grunts at you when you’re not paying enough attention to him.
- Sits up (haha finally at 7.5 months!)
- Sleeps ALL night – unlike his sister did at this age
- He has a tooth!! And another coming in.
- He babbles all the time.
- He is mister grabby hands. He will literally grab anything you’re holding if it’s within his reach and he is STRONG!
- Gives kisses (only to mommy).
The more I post these monthly updates, the more I realize that my baby is growing up. And one day, he’ll be a crazy toddler running wild and driving me crazy 😉 I laugh because although he’s 7 months, some days I feel like I treat him like he’s 3 months! We love him so much and couldn’t imagine our lives without him!
- Age: 7 months!!!
- Wearing 6-9 months; 9 months.
- Weighs 16 ish lbs
- Rolls all over, starting to army crawl (really only by pushing his legs against something)
- Loves loves loves to nurse & eat baby food – he’ll grunt and squeal if I’m not feeding him fast enough and usually gets mad when the food is gone!
- He’s babbling a lot and knows how to squeal/grunt to get our attention
- His face lights up at the sight of Alayna (I will keep posting this one as I know, one day, this won’t be the case and they’ll be fighting more than playing 😔)
- Getting much better at sitting up – lazy boy, or maybe spoiled?
- Still no teeth, but drooling like crazy
- Loves to be in his Ergo
- Pretty good sleeper – he gets SUPER cranky around 6:30-7:00 pm when he’s ready for bed. So different than Alayna was
Omg! Jaxon is halfway to his first birthday! I look back and think how fast time has gone and it seems like yesterday we were in the hospital welcoming this blessing, yet at the same time, it feels like he’s been a part of our family forever. God really knows what He’s doing. We are beyond blessed!
- Age 6 months
- Wearing some 3-6 mo, but mostly 6 & 9 mo.
- Still sleeping great at night!
- He absolutely LOVES to sleep on his belly and I’ve figured out that’s how I can get him to take a good nap! Woohoo.
- Loves his fingers!
- Always Cooing and squealing – him and Alayna take turns squealing louder and louder and then crack up at each other. It’s the cutest thing!
- He is super smiley and overall a happy little guy, especially in the morning.
- Still no teeth, but I anticipate them cutting through soon.
- He has his daddy’s fuzzy hair!!
- He has a temper and isn’t afraid to show it.
- He has started eating veggies and seems to like them!