1. SkipHop’s Studio Diaper bag– This is seriously such a great bag! It’s stylish and very roomy. I felt that it was also perfect for traveling, because I was able to stuff all of Alayna’s necessities in it as well as have room for my own stuff. There are so many pockets which is great for separating and organizing everything. I also love that its black because it hides alot 🙂
2. Pack and Play– Although we didnt have one to take with us, I highly recommend it! Even if its just a day trip these are perfect for naps!
3. Johnson’s Hand and Face Wipes- Such a great product! There were so many times that I needed to wipe Alayna’s face or neck from her spitting up everywhere. These smell good and seem to work pretty well. I’ve even used them on myself!
4. Pacifier Clip- I usually dont use these, but when your walking around a dirty airport, its a must! Definitely need this whenever you go somewhere so your not stuck tossing the pacifier every time it falls and there’s no way to clean it!
5. Baby Carrier- I used the Jeep baby carrier and LOVED it. Alayna was comfortable and would sleep while we walked all over the airport (we may have gotten lost one or twice 🙂 ) It allowed me to have my hands free to help carry bags and stuff.
6. Neck Pillow – I’ve had this for a while and LOVE it… but this time we used it for Alayna. On the way there, we didnt have a pillow so I used this as a small boppy for her and it helped support my arm while holding her.
Even though Alayna did really well, Id say that traveling with a baby can be so hard. Im so thankful Geoff went and was able to help. Hope this gives some of you some helpful ideas when you are traveling with your little ones!
Happy Hump Day!!
We had such a blast in Jersey with my brother. I was super nervous to travel with an infant, but thankfully, she only screamed her head off at the airports! The funniest one was when our flight was delayed three hours, and since it was in the middle of the night, we were the only gate with people in it waiting. Alayna decided to scream her head off at that point. Everyone was looking at us and probably praying they arent the ones who have to sit next to that crying baby on the plane. Luckily for us (and them), she calmed down and seriously slept the WHOLE WAY both there and back!
So Geoffrey, Alayna, and I flew out to surprise my brother who lives in New Jersey before he leaves for Korea in September (Thanks Mom). We wanted him to see Alayna again since she’s already changed so much since he last saw her.
I guess she loves laying on his chest and falling asleep!
It was fun because we had his boss in on it and he sent Rez to the airport thinking he was picking up a new airman. Needless to say, he was pretty shocked when he saw us instead.
I so wanted to post this earlier but didnt want to ruin the surprise for my brother. Stay tuned for more pics of our trip 🙂
Alayna’s first Fourth of July was a blast! We started off swimming and snacking at my moms and had a failed attempt of red white and blue sangria – why does white wine have to have a yellowish color ;), then came back to our house for dinner and flag cake, and ended the night with fireworks at the fairgrounds! I was afraid we weren’t going to be able to go out to the fairgrounds because of the heat, but it cooled off enough so we decided to go.
I absolutely LOVED all of her festive outfits and headband. I think the best part about having a little girl is dressing her up…. So. Much. Fun! We had a mini fashion show so I could get pictures before she spit up on everything.
I hope you all had a fantastic holiday! I cant wait till the next one!
I didn’t think I would take Alayna in the pool this year since it has chemicals and stuff in it, but with the weather looking like this, I decided swimming is one of the only things we can do without dying. I just bathe her right after and we are good 🙂
The first time we put her in was so funny. At fist, she wasn’t sure because it was a bit cold and something new. But she quickly realized its like a giant bath.. but a little more refreshing 😉
Come to find out… she is such a water baby! She seriously LOVES the pool and doesn’t even cry when we put her in the pool anymore. So I bought her a little floaty that provides shade. Once we put her in that, she laughs and coos and is just so much fun!!
I mean, seriously.. Look at that smile!